- 1 lb of Ground Turkey
- 1 Large Handful of Spinach
- 1 tsp Dried Basil
- 1 Bay Leaf
- 2 Garlic Cloves
- ½ Cup of Chopped Zucchini
- ¼ Cup of Fresh Italian Parsley
- 4 oz of Chopped Eggplant
- 1 tsp of Dried Oregano
- ¼ tsp of Dried Thyme
- 24 oz of Canned Tomatoes
- 3 oz of Canned Tomato Paste
- 12 oz of Canned Tomato Sauce
- 8 oz of Preferred Broth
- ½ tsp of Ground Black Pepper
- 2 Dashes of Ground Cloves
- 1 tbsp of Granulated Sugar
- 1 tbs of Sea Salt
- 1 tbsp of Olive Oil
- ¼Cup of Organic Apple Cider Vinegar or Organic Red Wine
Lasagna (to make this meal gluten and carb free, do not add cheese)
- 1 Can of Palmini Lasagna Sheets
- 1 Cup of Grated Mozzarella Cheese
- ½ Cup of Parmesan
- ½ Cup of Provolone
- 2 cups of chopped Broccoli
- Olive Oil
- Salt and Pepper
- Garlic (if desired)
- In a heavy pan with a lid, cook ground turkey over medium heat. Make sure meat is broken up into small pieces. Once meat is fully cooked, drain the access fat.
- Add olive oil, chopped zucchini, eggplant and garlic to the pan with the meat still in it. Continue cooking until vegetables are tender. Add in the Italian parsley, crushed tomatoes, tomato sauce, tomato paste, broth, apple cider vinegar/wine, sugar and all of the spices with the bay leaf and the spinach.
- Stir the sauce well, mixing all ingredients into one mixture, and then bring the sauce to a brief boil. Then cover the pot with the lid and turn the heat to low. Allow sauce to simmer for 2-1/2- 3 hours, stirring occasionally.
- Remove the bay leaf and add more parsley, if desired.
- Preheat Oven to 400 degrees.
- Boil Palmini Lasagna Sheets for 5-10 minutes for a softer texture. Then drain and set to the side.
- Mix the cheeses in a large boil and set to the side.
- Take a small 9’’ X 5’’ baking pan (serves 4 people) and lightly grease.
- Add a thin layer of sauce to the bottom. Begin layering Palmini Lasagna Sheets, sauce and cheese. Continue layering, and finish with a layer of cheese and sauce on the top.
- Bake in Oven for 30 minutes.
Side of Broccoli
- In a large bowl, coat broccoli with a thin layer of olive oil and season to taste with salt and pepper (and garlic).
- Evenly place broccoli on a baking sheet.
- Bake Broccoli in over with lasagna for about 20 minutes or until edges are crispy.